Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet Sixteen is Finished!

I had alot of fun making this quilt.  I basically designed it as I went and the starting point was a baggie full of 1 1/2 inch dark squares.  The full background for this quilt is in this post.

The finished quilt:


Quilting closeup in the blocks and border:





And the back:


For the quilting on this quilt, I used Essentials Violet in the dark squares areas and for the ditch quilting, YLI Vineyard in the border, YLI Fireweed in the light areas of the top, and Robinson Anton 50 wt cotton in Sterling in the bobbin.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely quilt! Love the scrappy look every time!

Mary said...

Very pretty- I love 16 patch quilts.