Thursday, August 11, 2011

Still Here...

This summer has just flown by!  I have so many things I planned to blog about but got so busy doing them that I didn't get time to write about them. 

I was back in North Dakota for two weeks in July and had a great time with S and his kids.  We got to take a little vacation to dig for fossils in Montana and I also got to see my dad, my sister, his parents and one sister, as well as an old friend while I was up there.  All in all it was a great trip.  There was one big unplanned thing that happened towards the end of the trip, but I will save that story for another post as I'm short on time right now.  Surprise, surprise lol.

After I got back and got caught up a bit with the house stuff, I started working on S's quilt that I am making him for Christmas.  I'm using Carrie Nelson's Radio Flyer pattern.  Lots and lots of cutting and piecing, but I'm having a blast with it and it is going fast.  I have been putting in a lot of sewing time and have a lot to show for it, but again, pictures and details will have to wait for another post.

Oh, and I sold the Texas ranch property and that sale closed this week.  I will miss it, but it is time to move on.  And further north as S's sister said lol.

Until next time, keep on quilting!

No comments: