Friday, December 9, 2011

New Project!

I have had a bag of bright batik strings saved for quite some time to use to make 5 inch string blocks.  I had fifteen foundations cut and ready to go, so I finally pulled out the strings to get started.  Unfortunately, they had been in the bag so long that they all needed to be pressed before I could even start with the sewing.  Sassy helped with the pressing lol.


Finally the sewing commenced and it didn't take long before I had fifteen cute little blocks pieced and trimmed.


And below are the trimmings from those blocks.  Which I didn't save for pet bed stuffing, or for any other reason.  Go me!  I didn't even pull out the "big" pieces that would have been perfect for crumb blocks lol.  Maybe I have finally been reformed from trying to use every little piece and can now throw away trimmings like these with no guilt.  I'm thinking the prospect of moving in less than six months is probably helping in that regard lol.


After making these blocks, I decided that a  bed sized quilt made with these little blocks would look fabulous, so now I only need about 273 more blocks by my calculations lol.  I've cut more foundations and strings, all from my batik stash, so I'm ready to go as soon as I can get back to my sewing machine.



No comments: