Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finally Some Sewing!

While I've gotten to play with plenty of fabric because of the shop, I can't remember the last time that I actually turned on my sewing machine.  Poor neglected thing.  But that drought ended today!  Woo hoo! 

I started piecing a scrappy piano key border many, many months ago, which isn't done yet, but that's not the point.  The point is that I had alot of scraps left from cutting the pieces for the border, so a couple of months ago I started randomly piecing them together for a mini strippy quilt.  Well I finished the piecing of the strips today AND got them sewn together into the top.  I love it!  It's very, very scrappy, which is exactly what I was going for.  I think I like it without borders, but I'm going to let it sit for a day or two before I decide that for sure.

Getting this little top together was a nice reward for spending most of the weekend working on tax projections :-(.




No comments: