Saturday, March 2, 2013

Perkiomen Daydreams

Ever since I saw this quilt on Bonnie Hunter's website I knew that I had to make it someday.   Well that someday has finally arrived.  I got the book with the pattern in it for Christmas this year and realized it would be a perfect quilt for using the cutoffs I get from prepping the bolts for sale in my store.  So out with the original plan for the cutoffs and in with the new. 

This quilt is HUGE and has 10,000 one inch squares.  Even using strip piecing methods, that is ALOT of cutting, sewing, and then more cutting.  I set a goal to cut and piece 50 strip sets in February to ultimately yield 50 blocks (I think) of the 400 total that I need.  I managed to get 3 sets completely pieced and the fourth cut, but now sewn.  Not bad considering the time of year it is.

Here are some pics of my progress in February:

No comments: