Thursday, September 9, 2010

Christmas Gift #2 is Done!

I finished the second flannel baby quilt I wrote about here just in time to send it home with T so I didn't have to ship it later.  This one will be a Christmas gift for our nephew's daughter born last November.

Here is the front of the finished quilt - so soft and sweet looking - perfect for a little girl I think.


A closeup:


And the back:


And the front and back together.  I thought they coordinated very nicely and everything was from my stash, including the quilting thread!


I was also washing some fabric this week and look who had to "help" with that process.  Yes, that would be Sassy in the dryer once again :-).  And yes, I already failed at my "don't buy anything until the end of the year" pledge and I purchased some more Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  But they were so worth it, and basically free since I used some of the money from my recent Ebay sales to buy them.  So if they were free, that doesn't really count, does it?  LOL

3 comments:

Terry said...

That baby quilt is so sweet! I love the colors! :0)

SheilaC said...

I just love the colors.... so soft and so sweet. Just perfect.
Your cats certainly love the dryer! hehehe

SheilaC

Loris said...

Love the baby quilts! The quilting is perfect and that backing is beautiful! Perfect colors. They even 'look' soft...like the sweet kitty who must love the warmth of a used dryer or the little cave of it or something. Calicos are so pretty :-)