Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered

After dropping T at the airport on Saturday morning, I have spent the last three days in blissful solitude.  The headaches and sinus problems I've been having lately have all but disappeared.  Just goes to show how damaging stress can be.  I took the entire weekend off from work too, for which I will probably pay the price this week, but it will have been worth it.  I continued with my power sewing and also got some sorting done in the garage, paid the bills, got the house cleaned and did a load of laundry.  Oh, and I spent quite a few hours yakking on the phone with family and friends, which was great.

So back to the power sewing.  I'm sure you are anxious to see how the project I spoke about on Friday has progressed.  With the help of my QC team, I was able to accomplish quite a bit.

Echo supervised the fabric selection:


And Sassy helped with the pressing:


When all was said and done, I ended up with this quilt top I laid out yesterday.  After all that sewing, I wasn't in the mood to sew it together, but the rows are labeled and ready to assemble.  I will worry about the border selection once the quilt center is put together.  I'm sure I will have something in my stash that will work.  I also went way overboard sewing the light strip sets, so I've got a good start on a second quilt that will use these blocks. 


A closer look at the blocks.  Totally scrappy, which you know I love.


Echo tested the blocks out too and gave his approval.


After I finished laying out the blocks yesterday, I did a load of laundry.  As I came back to get more clothes to hang up, look what I found in the dryer:


When I came back the second time, Tyrone had apparently decided that Sassy must be on to something with the dryer, so now he was in it checking it out.  Goofy cats.


 

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you had a wonderful week end with lots of ME time. Good for you. Silly cats. LOL

Amy said...

What adorable "helping" cats you have! So cute!

Loris said...

Wow! Solitude, sewing and silly cats. It doesn't get any better!
Love the pics :-)

SheilaC said...

Glad you found some "me" time!! We all need that once in a while. I love all the cat pics... in the dryer!! Too funny :)

And your quilt looks great.

SheilaC