Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Little Crocheting

I actually took the time this week so sit down and watch Criminal Minds on Wednesday night.  I generally can't stand to sit there doing nothing while watching tv, so I pulled out the crocheted rug I've been working on for quite awhile.  It needs one more block.  Between the hour on Wednesday night and the hour between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. on Thursday night when I couldn't sleep, I got the block nearly finished.  It's the one in the lower left that has all the untrimmed yarn ends still showing.

Here are all six blocks laid out.  I may move them around to balance the colors, but plan to alternate the direction of each block as shown in the picture.  I don't plan on backing the rug as I think I'm going to use it in a carpeted area, but I'm thinking I will have to at least block it.  I've never made a crocheted rug before, so if anyone has any suggestions, please share them!  This one is made using recycled afghan yarn, so a rug was really the only option as the yarn is not in good enough shape for much else.  I am also considering donating it to the animal shelter, but I think it would still need some blocking so it didn't curl in the corners.



1 comment:

Loris said...

Good use of all the leftover pieces of yarn. I have crocheted a fabric (not yarn) rug before but I made it a little too tight and it was hard to finish. I might try it again someday and see if I can't make one look better.