Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Married!

I have been such a delinquent blogger the last six months it's not even funny.  But I did get through tax season, packed up my house in AZ and moved to ND, and got married between the two.  Woo hoo!  The wedding and move went perfectly and I am slowly getting settled in ND.  So many things to change and get set up, but I am slowly working through the list of to do's.  I think I will be done about December 31st lol.  I hope so anyway!  Oh, and my new hubby is using his web and IT skills to help me start an online quilt shop out of our home.  The initial fabric shipment arrived this week, so I must get to that too.  But that will be fun work and I am very excited about it.  We hope to have the shop up and running by Sept 1.

Given the list of to do's, this post will be short, but I wanted to check in and let you all know that I am still alive and to post a few pics from the wedding.  It was a truly fabulous day and we had such a good time :-).  And having our families there with us was an added bonus that we didn't expect when we originally decided to get married in Sedona.  Also, I want to point out that these are all amateur shots taken by family that were at the wedding and the first two were taken by Scott's sons - the 9 year old took the first one and the 11 year old took the second one.  They got some great shots!

Scott & I with Cathedral Rock in the background:


After the ceremony at our creek side location:


Dad walking me down the "aisle" (i.e. the path lol).  You really had to watch your step!:


My guys all waiting for me to arrive:


Oak Creek with Cathedral Rock in the background:


My stepmother, sister and me before leaving the hotel for the ceremony:

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondered if the wedding had taken place. Congratulations and best wishes for the next chapter in your life!

Darlene said...

Be happy, Laura!

Char said...

Oh my you look so happy! I was thinking about you last week. It looks like you had a beautiful day surrounded by lots of handsome men! Congratulations on the marriage and the new business. That's so exciting. Keep us posted.
How are the fur kids doing?

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Congratulation and good luck with all the new things in your life.

Loris said...

Such a beautiful place for your wedding! Sounds like a sweet new life for you. Enjoy :-)

Denise in PA said...

Congratulatins, Laura and Scott! What wonderful photos - you looked beautiful! Looking forward to your on-line shop too!

Barb said...

just beautiful....congrats!!!