Friday, January 18, 2013

Mini Strippy Quilted and Ready for Binding!

I am moving along with my goal of getting my scrappy mini strippy quilt completely done by the end of the month rather than create another UFO.  I have plenty of those already.  I got the quilting done a couple of weekends ago and then got the binding made last night.  I put off making binding FOREVER as it's not my favorite thing to do.  I love hand sewing it down, but hate making it.  I don't know why as it never takes as long or is as bad as I think it will be.  But it is what it is I guess.  I like to make it in batches and get it over with.  I have a pile of more binding to make this weekend and then I should be done for awhile. 

Anyway, here is my quilted Mini Strippy quilt with the binding all ready to go beside it:


And a close up of the quilting.  I did simple straight lines in a random pattern drawn from side to side of the quilt.


And the back:


When I showed my husband the backing I had chosen, he ever so gently said "But it doesn't really match the front".  And then went on to say "The colors match though."  Exactly dear.  Now you are getting it lol.

He may have not loved the backing I chose, but he LOVED the quilting :-).  I do too.  It's exactly what I envisioned and totally different than anything I've done before.  And quick and easy, so perfect.

No comments: