Saturday, April 24, 2010

When Good Cats Go Bad

For those of you that read my blog regularly, you know that Echo is the good cat and rarely does anything to get in trouble.  He has always been good around my quilting things and the quilts, preferring just to either watch quietly from the sidelines, or test the quilts for softness, etc.

Until yesterday.  Given his history, I thought he could be trusted unsupervised with my string quilt blocks I had laid out for assembly.

Apparently not.


I was only gone for a couple of minutes or it could have been worse.  I think the mistake was laying out the quilt near some of his packing peanuts he has on the floor of my office.  See that white thing by the chair leg.  It's a packing peanut.  Those things are like kitty crack for Echo.  He HAD been playing with that one under my desk.  I also found a renegade sunflower seed under one of the blocks I straightened out, so I suspect that contributed to his deliquency as well.

I am off to a quilting day at Dawn's and first priority is to get the string quilt top assembled and the back pieced so I can get the quilt to my longarmer early next week.  She is squeezing me in before she shuts down for the summer.  Isn't that nice of her?

Here's one more picture of Echo admiring his handy work.




7 comments:

Char said...

I love it. I have two cats and the smallest one does similar things to my quilts all of the time.

Darlene said...

Echo was having lots of fun!!! :-)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Aren't pets just the funniest things? Hope he stays out of your way next time! lol

Susan said...

Bwahahahaaaa! I think Echo's been chatting with Nosey Parker. :)

Your strings are great and it's going to be such a cool quilt. I'm going to have to try my kid out on some peanuts to see if she likes them. Right now, her big game is for me to shoot hair elastics down the hall for her to chase after. Want me to send some to you for Echo? :)

Thelma said...

I had a dog that would push all my blocks into a pile and then lay on them, after pressing blocks for about the 5th time, I came up with my design wall.

I hope you had a great sewing day and got that lovely string quilt all pieced together.

Allyson said...

Love it! It looks like my house. The string quilt is so cheery looking. And the packing peanuts are a fav at our house also. We call it ghost poo. I buy all these cute cat toys, and all they want is packing peanuts and hair ties.

Sharon said...

Great string quilt! And my cat is notorious for trying to rearrange the quilt blocks..guess she just wants to be creative too! Your quilt inspires me to get busy and finish mine!