Sunday, October 31, 2010

Strings from Stash is Done!!

I put the last stitches in the binding of Strings from Stash on Friday night.  Woo hoo!  I love, love, love this quilt.  It was so much fun to make from start to finish.  The story of this quilt is this post and this post.  The second post also includes a tutorial on how to make string blocks if anyone is interested in making a quilt like this themselves.  It's really quite easy.

Here is the finished quilt:


And here's the back:


So far this weekend I have been like a quilter possessed working on Indian Summer.  I made the backing yesterday morning, got the quilt layered and basted and I am half done with the quilting.  I'm hoping to finish up the quilting today.

Oh, and as a side note, Echo has received no less then 2 more baths from Maya since I posted about the first one on Thursday.  He seems to like it, so whatever floats his boat I guess LOL.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

I'm a quilter on a mission this weekend too!

Your Strings from Stash quilt is amazing, and I imagine ever better in person. It's one of those quilts you can just look at and look at.....

The bath thing going on at your house, HILARIOUS!! But I'm with you, whatever keeps the animals happy is just fine!

Loris said...

Your string quilt is gorgeous! Love the colors you chose for the borders. It's beautiful...much like the calico :-)

carol fun said...

Love the string quilt! You did a great job on this. I have to try this project. I have a big basket of strips left over from other projects that would be great for this -- Oh just what I need, another great quilt idea - LOL!