Monday, March 15, 2010

Sassy, Sassy, Sassy

Take a good look at this face.


It looks pretty innocent, doesn't it? 

Don't buy it.  Reason #1...because the picture is taken with her hanging over the edge of the 8 foot plant shelf.  The plant shelf from which we've had to remove the remainder of our clay pots.  The key word in that sentence is "remainder".  One of the pots has already succombed to a fall to the ceramic tile, at 2 a.m. no less, after being knocked over by Sassy.

Reason #2 is the reason for this post.  She's a thief.  No reason to suger coat it.  I believe in calling it like I see it and she's a flat out thief.  I finally re-opened my sewing room last week after closing it off for several weeks because I kept finding things like my seam ripper, spools of thread, tape measures, Q tips, and my cleaning brush spread from one end of the house to the other. 

I tried covering the tray that held those items and weighing down the cover and she would still get them, so I finally put them all in a ziploc bag and stashed that away.  After sewing this weekend, I left the closed bag sitting in the tray thinking surely that a small kitten Sassy's size couldn't possibly drag the bag out of the tray. 

Wrong again.  I heard a strange sound this morning and when I went to investigate, she not only had the bag, but had gotten out of the sewing room, down the hallway that joins the sewing room and my office, and had it all the way out to the dining room and was working diligently on freeing the contents.  Sigh.  So now the bag is stashed away once again.

Then, if that wasn't enough, I caught her eating something off of the kitchen floor today.  This is not a strange occurance for Sassy as she tries to steal food all the time and will eat anything.  She's a thief, remember?  The problem this time was when she spit the item back out after chewing a couple of times, I was horrified to realize it was a piece of broken glass!  We checked her mouth really well and she didn't have any cuts that we could see, but seriously, what would possess a cat to even put a piece of glass in their mouth???  Oy vey. 

If Sassy were a child, she would most certainly be the one that caused her parents many sleepless nights.  I guess she lives up to her name, although she didn't act sassy at all at the shelter, or even for the first week we had her home.  Guess she figured she'd wait until she had us wrapped around her little paw before she showed her true colors LOL. 

And it's moments like these that keep her wrapped around that paw.  Isn't she just so cute in her little house?


On an unrelated note, I just realized that this is my 50th post.  I guess I've had a lot to say in the few short months that I've had my blog LOL.  No one has ever accused me of being the quiet one, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi Laura. I have just come across your blog and Sassy's story gave me a good laugh for thre day! I had a calico cat when I was a kid and just loved her. I'll be looking over more of your blog and see what other interesting things you have to say. Come visit me if you have a chance!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh no!!! Maxie isn't that bad, but he is the one that I can't stay mad at! He is just so cute and cuddly! Good luck with Sassy!!

Allyson said...

I loved this post with all the fun kitty pictures. My cat Butters sleeps on the back of the couch the same way your black cat sleeps on the exercise equipment, flat on the tummy with arms and legs hanging down the sides. I think it's hilarious.

Sassy sounds like she's a definate handfull. Little stinker. How does she get up to the plant shelf? That's amazing. And the glass! Oh, how scary that must have been!