Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Covered Cherries Top is Done!

This will be another short post as it's a work day (no day is without work at this point in tax season), as well as yard work day if the weather cooperates later.  Anyway, I finished sewing the borders on Chocolate Covered Cherries last night, so the top is officially done!  Woo hoo!  I had to wait until this morning to get pictures as the lighting in my sewing room is not very good at night.  I hope to remedy that once tax season is over.

Here is the finished top:


I also pulled out the backing fabric that I purchased some time ago.  All it needs is pressing, the yardage cut in half, salvages trimmed off, and a quick seam lengthwise to sew the two pieces together.  I'd like to get that done today, but we'll see.  Here's the backing fabric laying with the top.  The binding will be the same pink as in the top and it is already cut, but not sewn together and pressed.


And here's a bigger picture of the backing fabric.  It will run lengthwise as shown on the back of the quilt. 


It has been a very productive week both work-wise and in the sewing room for sure.  I finally have some decent energy to get things done.  I started giving Maya a benedryl before bed each night, so she is finally mostly sleeping through the night again, which means I am too.  Thank goodness.  And I also broke down on Monday and called for antibiotics for a suspected sinus infection after trying natural remedies to kick it.  After a couple of days on the antibiotics I started feeling much, much better.  Just in time to start putting in those 11 and 12 hour days for work LOL.


5 comments:

Barb said...

Just awesome!!

Loris said...

This quilt looks delicious! It's going to be wonderful quilted.
Hope you get healthy soon. Hang in their with all those returns!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your backing fabric is perfect for it!

dortha said...

Love your quilt top. Glad you got some sewing time in.

Terry said...

Your quilt top looks great! And that backing fabric is perfect for it! Have fun finishing it! :0)