Saturday, February 20, 2010

Work, Olympics, Binding & Shopping

That pretty much sums up the last week.  We are Olympic junkies in this house, particularly the Winter Olympics, which unfortunately take place during tax season.  So, the deal I made with myself was that I had to start work no later than 8 a.m. each day and then work until 7 p.m., and then I was free to watch the Olympics all evening as the primetime coverage starts here at 7 p.m.  To accomplish this I had to give up my treadmill workouts for the next two weeks as I just don't have time to squeeze those in on top of work and still be done by 7 p.m.  The irony that I'm blowing off my own exercise program in order to watch world class athletes do their thing is not lost on me, but that's the way it's got to be right now.  Priorities you know.

While I've been watching the evening festivities, I have been binding the quilts that I quilted in December.  I finished two so far this week and have another in process.  Here's the second 4 Block Christmas Quilt.  You can read about the background of the two quilts here


And here's the Fish quilt.  The history of the fish quilt is here.


I've also been cutting some scrap strips of fabric and I purchased some Sandy Gervais Moda pre-cuts last Sunday which arrived on Thursday.  I got one layer cake of Gobble Gobble as well as a dessert roll from that line, and two layer cakes of Frolic.  I've already got a pattern figured out for the Frolic fabric, but the Gobble Gobble was bought just to add to my autumn collection, much of which already consists of Sandy Gervais autumn fabrics.





And finally, I have to ask, does this look comfortable to you?  Echo went to sleep on top of Koda's pen.  All of the magazines, etc. on top are for reading on the treadmill, which is right next to the pen.  It's quite handy as it's just the right height, but does get a bit messy looking, especially after Echo's been through the piles.



Oh, and I had to go back and edit this to show this gorgeous rainbow that showed up outside my window as I was working this evening about 30 minutes before the sun went down.



2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi there. I just found your blog and I like what I see, especially the fish quilt. Great job! I am now following your blog, too.
Take care.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Too funny!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the fish quilt!! And I hear ya about watching the Olympics and forgoing the exercise yourself.... That's my reasoning, too! lol