Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Small Finish


I finished sewing down the binding on this little quilt while watching TV on Tuesday night so I can check another UFO off the list.  This one is also fairly old.  My journal tells me that I made the top in January 2004.  It was the sample for a beginning paper piecing class that I was teaching.  I finally quilted it last December and now it is bound and ready to use.  It's about 28 x 28 in size.  The details of the quilting are in this post.



And here's the back.  The backing is the same blue fabric used on the front.  It's a fun little palm tree print.



I also got a couple more pet quilts quilted last night and have one left to finish.  I hope to do that today.  I use these little quilts to practice my free motion quilting skills and then I donate them to the animal shelters.  But first I have to go review the health and dental insurance info we received and complete new applications.  Can you say yuck?

5 comments:

Terry said...

I love it! Looks like a great little quilt pattern to use some of my new batiks on! :0)

Claudia said...

Great Job ! I love to make "cat quilts"..I have 7 of my own.. so still trying to get some more done for them. Then I can make some for the shelter. - Enjoy your blog !

Loris said...

Love the purple and green. The quilt is beautiful. I checked out the earlier post..the batik quilts are wonderful with color.

Dianne said...

cute little quilt! thanks for your sweets comments on my blog today.

Thelma said...

Hi Laura!

What a great idea, to practice your quilting on little quilts for animals. I'm just not about practicing!

Hope you go through that insurance paperwork....what a snooze fest.

Congratulations on another finish!!