Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flannel Baby Quilt is Done!

Christmas gift #1 is done!  And it's only August.  Woo hoo!  I made the binding for the flannel baby quilt on Sunday, attached it, and finished hand sewing it down on Monday.  I was really liking the binding through flannel.  The needle was sliding through like butter.  I make so many batik quilts that I'm used to binding those and this was a refreshing change to say the least. 

I've decided that this quilt will probably be the gift for our other nephew's baby that was born last November.  She is a cousin to the new baby just born in July.  I gave the parents a fuchsia and yellow afghan I'd made for her for Christmas last year and they said the colors matched her room, so I thought that this quilt would go as well.  Plus, it's on the bigger side, so it may work better for her than a 6 month old.  I've pulled all of my other flannel, which isn't a lot, to see what I can put together for the new baby for Christmas.

So here's the finished flannel baby quilt that I originally posted about here.



On a feline note, poor Echo is getting goop put in his eye again. When we first got him from the shelter last fall, he had a bad kitty cold and his one eye was really messed up.  Back in May, his other eye started acting up and the vet said the kitty cold virus will probably recur for his entire life.  So he got goop put in his right eye for a number of weeks because it didn't clear up as quickly as it should have.  He's been fine until this week when now the other eye is watering and inflamed.  So now he's getting goop put in that eye for 10 days.  Poor guy.  At least it doesn't make him feel bad and he's his usual self other than looking like a pirate half the time because he's holding his one eye closed.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Getting ahead for Christmas - I am impressed. I have my list in my head but to have a gift as nice as this quilt finish, congratulations.

Sharon
www.uniquebabyquiltboutique.com

Carrie P. said...

Fun fabric.
Poor kitty.
Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a sweet comment about my dog Cindi. I keep looking for her at the back door thinking I need to let her in.