Sunday, August 22, 2010

What I've Been Up To

It was a busy week last week with lots of personal and work stuff going on, but I did manage to get some quilting time in.  I spent Sunday at Dawn's and cut and layed out the second flannel baby quilt I am making for a Christmas gift.  I used fabric samples from my stash along with a new dot flannel that I bought in North Dakota and just cut squares and put them together. Easy peasy.  Here's the finished top.  I'm not going to add a border as I think it works just like it is.


A closeup of some of the fabrics:


And the backing and binding.  The backing is the plaid on the left.  It is a brushed cotton fabric that I had in my stash.  The binding is also from my stash, and hopefully some of my sister's stash.  I don't have enough of the lavender fabric left in my own stash, but when I was back home my sister wanted to get rid of her fabric so I picked out a box full to be shipped to me with some other stuff she's sending.  I'm pretty sure that she had some of the same lavender fabric and that I added it to my box.  I hope so.  Otherwise I have to go shopping for something.  Either way, I'll find out soon enough as the box is en route to me as we speak.


Most importantly, I'm happy to report that the quilt top has been inspected for quality control and Echo tells me that it has passed.  As a point of reference as to how big Echo is, the quilt top is 32 inches wide.


Of course I also have a couple of pictures of Sassy to share.  She looks pretty cute in this first one.


Unfortunately, you can probably tell that she's in the pantry *sigh*.  If she's nearby she comes running when you open the door and leaps in unless you can catch her first.  We've given up trying to coax her out and instead just shut the door and leave her in there.  With the intention of checking in a couple of minutes, of course.  Let's just say that she's able to survive in there for longer than a couple of minutes.  Or thirty. 

Here's another picture where she looks quite comfortable in a place she shouldn't be.  On top of the china cabinet.  She was watching me work out.  At least she was just watching and not offering any suggestions.


4 comments:

Terry said...

Love the baby quilt! That backing is perfect for it! :0)

SheilaC said...

The colors in your baby quilt are so soft and pretty!

And Sassy in the pantry!! hehehe
They sure love to be where they are not supposed to :)

SheilaC

Loris said...

Sweet baby quilts!
Sweet babies too :-)

Frog Quilter said...

CUTE KITTIES! Mine also do the quality control. Pretty quilt.