Monday, December 13, 2010

Productive Quilting Day

I spent the day at Dawn's yesterday and pretty much finished the last of the Christmas gifts I am making.  Here is my aunt's bag that she requested when I saw her this summer.  All I have left is to cover a piece of cardboard for the bottom.  The bottom is folded up in the picture.  The bag is actually quite a bit longer than it appears.  This is the first bag I've made.  I was apprehensive about it, but it turned out to be much easier than I expected.


After I was done with the bag, I started the quilting on Collage Applique.  I am doing a small stipple in the white areas using Rainbows thread in Jester.  This is my progress so far:



On a non quilting note, the moving truck departed on Tuesday at 4 a.m.  I was a bit out of sorts for the rest of the day, but the rest of the week and weekend have been great, in spite of having to evict a snake from the house on Friday night.  After I convinced Echo to give it up that is.  When I tried to get it away from him, he hissed at me and took off streaking through the house with it and finally dropped in the master bedroom.  Oy vey.  I did take pictures; however, I will spare you so that no one is freaked out.  The snake was a young Desert Nightsnake, so if anyone wants to see what it looked like, just do a google search.  I did release the snake into the backyard, completely unharmed.  I suspect that he was in the garage and somehow made it into the house during the commotion of the move.


4 comments:

Loris said...

Challenging time of year for such a move but glad you got through it and then could spend a day with your friend. Your bag and quilt look great. No snakes coming to visit around here but there seems to be alot of skunks :-0

Barb said...

Love your bag...yep...I am in the limbo of a move right now but won't be in by Christmas....oh well.

Thelma said...

Great job on the bag, your first? I never would have guessed. What a perfect present.

Glad to hear you're doing well on the non-quilting front as well. Hopefully nothing but smooth sailing for you from here on out!

June said...

I love your bag and your other small quilt projects (especially the octagon!). This is the first time I have visited your blog. Merry Christmas!