Sunday, January 10, 2010

Productive Saturday Quilting Day

At least once a month, my friend Dawn and I have a quilting day.  Yesterday was one of those days.  We both got a lot done, which sometimes is not the case LOL.  My first priority of the day was to make the backing for this quilt:



I want to cull some of my Christmas fabrics, so I cut a bunch of them into 10 1/2 inch squares ala Bonnie Hunter for the backing.  I haven't sewn them together yet, but layed them out and was pleased with the look.

I hadn't hauled my machine along to Dawn's house, so after that I got caught up with pressing all of my leader ender pieces I had sewn and that pretty much wrapped up the day.  I might have gotten more done except for frequent breaks to play with her new kitten, Otis, who you can see a bit in the upper left corner of the picture.  You know me and cats!

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I love hourglass blocks combined with 9 patches. I'm getting ready to start some 9 patch blocks but I haven't decided on the setting. I imagine I'll end up with enough for more than one quilt.

Quilty bird said...

This is very pretty!