Sunday, January 24, 2010

Progress on my little squares project

Dawn and I had one of our quilting days today and my priority was to work on this project.  Since I was basically designing as I went and trying to bring my paper drawing to life, I didn't get as far as I wanted.  I'd hoped to have the top completely assembled except for the border, but I did at least get it all layed out on the design wall and partially assembled.  Here's where I'm at so far.




It shouldn't take too long to get the rest of the top put together.  I'm really pleased with how it's turning out and so far it has come entirely from my pre-cut squares and strips.  I'm sure I will be able to find a border fabric in my stash as well.

I also got the opportunity to use my new baby.  She sewed like a dream, just like the other one, so I was very pleased with that as well.  Actually, she purred so quietly that it seems that maybe it's time to take the other machine in for a good cleaning :-).  My original machine doesn't sound bad at all, but in comparison to the new machine, it definitely doesn't run as quietly.

1 comment:

jillquilts said...

Very cool blocks!! And I bet that compared to the brand new one, the old machine does sound like it needs something! lol